I started shutting my new FE training videos this week. I hope to have them done within the next two months. Once they are finished, you will have all the tools necessary to make tons of money and have a good time. Keep watching for them, I will keep you posted as things progress.
Last month I worked leads that were refreshed but 6 months old! I sold a ton of insurance off those crusty old leads. Naturally I thought, "If I can sell all that off those old leads, I should be able to kill it with the new ones coming in." Well,... I was wrong.
The last two weeks have sucked big time. I think I sold more in one week with the old leads than I have month-to-date on the new leads. So... what is the lesson?
I was working leads today and found myself in a golf course community with homes larger than anything Ill ever live in. My initial reaction was, "There is no way I am going to sell this thing." However, I have been doing this long enough to know that you NEVER judge a book by it's cover.
I knocked on the guy's door and received the nicest welcome I got all day and although I had to set up an appointment to come back, I thought to myself, "Serves me right, I know better than to pre-judge a house."
So, here are some sure fire-tips to help you when you find yourself in a neighborhood that is waaaayyy above our target market.
1) Remember THEY sent the card in, not you. There had to be something on it that caught their eye and made them want to send it.
2) Instead of imagining the worst case scenario (them telling you to get lost and slamming the door in your face)... imagine a warm welcome and a sale to go with it.
3) Don't prejudge, EVER. You don't know the situation of the lead prospect. Maybe the senior lives with their kids. Maybe they live way outside their mean (big hat, no cattle). Maybe they genuinely want to know more about your product (shocker). In any case, you dont know. So knock the dang door and do it with confidence. They aren't going to assault you or say mean things about your Mama.
So there you have it.... Three tips to help you this week. Try them, you will like it.
Lately, I have been getting into door like a mad man. For example, last week I worked 19 leads and got into 16 doors... cold knocking! Here are a few tips to help you do the same.
1) Stand back from the door as to not seem over enthusiastic.
2) Control your rate of speech. Speaking too quickly can make you seem nervous and 'salesy.'
3) Have a rebuttle for every excuse they give you. For example, "I cant let you, I have dogs." To this you should respond, 'Great lets talk outside' or 'I'll wait while you put them in back.'
4) Always let them know it will only take a few minutes.
Well, there you have 4 tips to help you get into more doors this week. If you have something that you think works, please post a comment. We would love to hear it.
FREE Sales Training!
Get platinum and unlimited access to all videos, scripts, doubt resolution, marketing ideas, and tons more!